Washington Evening Journal
111 North Marion Avenue
Washington, IA 52353
The Enhance Henry County Community Foundation will be receiving a $145,443 state award to advance community-based philanthropy throughout Henry County.
The award will be coming from the County Endowment Fund. The fund was established during the 2004 Legislative Session by House File 2302.
The legislation aims to provide financial support, encourage the creation and development of community foundations, and civic philanthropy throughout the state.
Under the terms of the legislation, the foundation will forward 75 percent of the award to foundation grant-making activities. The other 25 percent will be set in the foundation’s permanent endowment.
This ratio allows the foundation to assist in local projects straight away and help build an endowment for the future.
Since its organization in 2004, the Enhance Henry County Foundation has awarded over $1,493,000 in grants to over 60 county corporations and charities.
Altogether, the allocation of awards has consolidated $10,000,000 in new projects for Henry County.
The permanent endowment is now up to $656,627.
To request an application or ask questions related to contributions, gifts and grant-making can be directed to Lora Roth at 319-385-8728 or firstname.lastname@example.org. She is the administrator for the Enhance Henry County Community Foundation.