Washington Evening Journal
111 North Marion Avenue
Washington, IA 52353
The city of Fairfield will conduct its annual spring brush pickup beginning at 7 a.m. Monday, May 3.
- All brush (burnable/chippable) should be put in a neat pile adjacent to the street (curbside).
- Brush pickup is for residential use only. The city will not pick up from businesses.
- Nothing bigger than 24 inches in diameter and 13 feet in length.
This does not include leaves and yard waste, which will continue to be picked up in the City Yard Waste Bags with regular trash pickup day.
- Brush must be placed by the curb and away from poles, fences, and water shut-offs by 7 a.m. on May 3 to ensure pick up. The city crews will not make a second trip. If any damage occurs due to brush being placed over water shut-offs, the city will not be responsible.
- Piles must not interfere with traffic.
- This will be an ideal time to do any brush / tree trimming.
FREE MULCH & COMPOST
The city of Fairfield’s compost site is located at 20th Street and Jackson Avenue. At any time, residents are welcome to load the mulch/compost themselves, or contact the maintenance shed at 641-472-4750 Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. to make an appointment for a city employee to use a loader for the loading of pickup trucks or dump trucks. The city will not be held liable for any damage that may occur in the loading process.
Any resident of the city of Fairfield may use the compost site by hauling their own brush, limbs and yard clippings to the compost site. Signs are posted at designated areas for their specific type of yard waste, please compost accordingly. The compost site is not for use by contractors.