Washington Evening Journal
111 North Marion Avenue
Washington, IA 52353
Henry County farm owners, operators meeting Dec. 5
Oct. 11, 2022 10:46 am
MT PLEASANT — - ISU Extension and Outreach - Henry County is hosting a Farm Owners and Operators Meeting at the Henry County Extension Office in Mt. Pleasant (127 North Main St.) on Monday, Dec. 5 from 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Breakfast will be served starting at 7:15 a.m.
Participants will take an in-depth look into the outlook for agriculture in 2023 as the agriculture community starts planning for next year. Speakers and topics for this meeting include:
• Lee Schultz, ISU Associate Professor & Extension Livestock Economist, Economics: Livestock prices and profitability outlook.
• Bobby Martens— ISU Associate Professor, Extension Economist & Iowa Institute for Cooperatives, Endowed Economics Professor, Economics: Supply, demand and transportation issues affecting agriculture.
• Chad Hart— ISU Professor & Extension Economist and Crop Markets Specialist: Crop prices and production outlook.
• Kristine Tidgren — ISU Director, Center for Agricultural Law & Taxation, Dolezal Adjunct, Assistant Professor, Agricultural Education: Farm tax update for retired farmers and changes in Iowa inheritance taxes.
• Charles Brown— ISU Extension & Outreach Farm Management Specialist: Update on crop production costs and profitability analysis.
The registration fee for this event is $40 per person and pre-registration is required, as space is limited.
Contact the Henry County Extension Office at (319) 385-8126 to reserve a spot by Nov. 29.