Washington Evening Journal
111 North Marion Avenue
Washington, IA 52353
- Dusk: fireworks start at the fairgrounds
- 7:30-8:30 a.m. Yoga class at the band shell
- 9:30 a.m. Kiddie parade downtown
- 10 a.m. Main parade downtown
- Immediately following parade: Bingo, sprinklers, games, barrel rides, pony rides, food vendors, and other activities start at North Park.
- 11 a.m. Heritage Museum opens
- 1 p.m. Horseshoe tournament at North Park
- 1-4 p.m. Dino-venture at Parkside Activities Center ($3 admission)
- Dusk: fireworks
- July 3, dusk: Richmond will hold a fireworks display
- 11:45 a.m.: 15-minute church bell ringing starts at the Salem Church of God on Yucca Avenue north of Haskins. This year’s event will also include a bonfire.
- The Lion’s Breakfast runs 6:30-9:30 a.m. at the Wayland Community Center for a freewill donation
- Parade lineup begins at 9:30 a.m. by Miller and Sons Plumbing, and the parade begins at 10:30 a.m.
- WACO Basketball teams will serve lunch from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for a free will donation.
- Immediately following the parade Parkview home will host an OVER 60 year celebration with refreshments
- Fireworks will begin at dusk at the WACO Football field.
- The Fourth of July parade will begin at 5 p.m. in Mt. Pleasant.
- At 5:30 p.m. a “Meet Your Local Heroes” Event.
- From 5:30 p.m. until dusk there will be free activties including trolley rides, carousel rides, and face painting.
- Food will be available at McMillian Park throughout the evening.
- Fireworks will take place at dusk.
- All events will be held at McMillian Park
- The VFW is set to hold a baking contest on the Fourth of July.
- A parade will take place at 2 p.m.
- Activities for kids will follow the parade in the park
Dusk: Fireworks at Jefferson County Fairgrounds. In case of rain, makeup date scheduled for July 9.
6:30 p.m. Little League selling concessions at ball field
8 p.m. Band “Least Likely” to perform at ball field
Dusk. Fireworks at ball field
Van Buren County
Bonaparte Independence Day
1 p.m. Pulled pork sandwiches at Bonaparte Fire Department
2 p.m. Dog show at city park
5 p.m. Parade downtown.
3-5 p.m.; 6-8 p.m. Bingo at Opera House
6 p.m. Bags tournament at Bonaparte Fire Station
6-8 p.m. Mercer Crazy Train
7:15-9:45 p.m. Elijah Boyer at Bonaparte Band Shelter