MT. PLEASANT — The Mt. Pleasant water tower will be receiving an exterior face-lift, according to Mt. Pleasant Municipal Utilities.
The water tower, located in the downtown city parking lot between South Jefferson and South Jackson streets, will have its exterior power washed and repainted. The work is scheduled to begin on Monday, Oct. 7, and will affect parking in the area.
According to a news release, as a precautionary measure, the following areas located adjacent to the water tower work site will be closed to public parking:
• City Parking Lot between South Jefferson and South Jackson streets
• Alley between South Jefferson and South Jackson streets
• Parking area behind 220 West Monroe Stree (Old City Hall)
• The 100 block of South Jackson Street
• The VFW parking lot on South Jackson Street
• Smith Tax Enterprises at 301 West Washington — parking lot at the corner of West Washington and South Jackson streets
The project is expected to be completed in two weeks, weather permitting. The Mt. Pleasant Municipal Utilities regrets any inconvenience the planned maintenance project may cause. For questions or additional details, call 319-385-2121.