The River Valley Caonference released a set of guidelines for the upcoming baseball and softball Wednesday.
Schools will accept free will donations at games but will not charge admission. All free will donations will directly benefit the schools’ athletic programs.
Mid-Prairie is a member of the RVC.
After consultation with the league’s athletic directors, Bellevue’s Dave Wright, River Valley Conference Co-Commissioner, emailed the league’s schools with the following guidelines:
- Each school will have limited or NO bleacher seating available
- Fans are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs
- Concession Stands will not be offered per Iowa Department of Education and Department of Public Health Guidelines
- Coolers will be allowed to be brought in and are subject to search. Coolers are to be limited to use by single household members.
- Restrooms will be available and will be cleaned regularly.
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE):
- Facemasks are not required but encouraged
- Spectators are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer
Spectators are expected to:
- Accept personal responsibility for following public health guidelines
- Practice safe social distancing
- Be patient and use common sense
- Not use or bring sunflower seeds
- Abide by posted signage
- Stay home if you show symptoms, have a temperature of 100.4 or higher, or if they have been in contact with someone with a confirmed positive case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days